The Summer Institute on Teaching and Technology (SITT) is the oldest yearly teaching institute at UC Davis. It provides the opportunity for faculty to collaborate with other colleagues and staff equally excited about enhancing student learning. It is typically held in September before the start of Fall quarter. Keep an eye out for an announcement regarding SITT 2017 in August (or earlier).
“Innovation in a Time of Change” was the theme of SITT 2016.
Some topics covered in previous SITTs include:
- Teaching with Video
- The Digital Storytelling Assignment
- Using Canvas: One-on-One Consultations
- Blended and hybrid teaching
- Class (and classroom) designs that encourage collaboration
- Time management during lecture
- Online tools to facilitate discussions
- Digital Devices and Distractions