2:00pm – 3:30 pm
Amy Kautzman, Rosemary Capps, and Mary Stewart will lead you in a discussion of how to approach intellectual property in both face-to-face and online education, as well as how to locate appropriate images and media.
Finding Images and Media
- Free Media for Education (links to resources)
- Creative Commons Search
Finding Course Content
- MIT Open Courseware (courses, activities, and audio/video lectures)
- iBioSeminars (45-90 minute lectures as well as 2-4 minute clips)
- TED Ed (videos with activities that you can customize)
- MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching)
In your groups:
- How do you imagine using images or media in your course? How would they function? How will you deliver them to your students (on your course site, in a video, part of the assignment sheet or PowerPoint lecture)?
- Using the tools we’ve talked about, locate at least one appropriate image, video, or activity.
If anyone would like to take notes on this session, we’d appreciate your doing so in this Google Document so that others can benefit from your perspective.