The one-day Summer Institute on Teaching and Technology (SITT) will take place this year on Friday, September 12, and we hope that you will join us. We will meet primarily in the Art Annex, behind the Theater Building on campus, from 9:30-4:30, with a break for lunch, and an opportunity for hands-on discoveries in computer classrooms in the afternoon.
At this year’s SITT we will learn from UC Davis faculty and content-expert staff about the following topics:
- Blended and hybrid teaching,
- Plans to pilot new learning management systems this fall (with a new or improved replacement for SmartSite to be adopted in 2015),
- Faculty concerns about student use of portable devices during lecture,
- Online tools to facilitate discussion,
- Sources for copyright-free images, audio, and video,
- Embedded YouTube videos,
- Time management during lecture,
- Teaching and conducting outreach with WordPress,
- Class (and classroom) designs that encourage collaboration,
- And many others.
Lunch will be provided to those who register.
For those of you who have not attended SITT in the past, the one-day institute provides all participating faculty an opportunity to learn from our colleagues about teaching practices and innovations, and to meet others with similar enthusiasms for student-centered learning.
I hope you can join us!
Chair, SITT 2014