Interested in making your instructional videos more interactive? Consider using PlayPosit, an online learning environment for creating and sharing interactive video lessons. As previously announced at SITT 2020, UC Davis has a new campus-wide license with PlayPosit that makes the service available at no cost to all UC Davis instructors.
If you have already been using PlayPosit this quarter, you’ve likely noticed that PlayPosit provides you with data via the monitor screen that reveals information about how your students are performing on the bulbs (that is, the interactive videos created in PlayPosit). But, do you know all of the features that this screen contains?
Join PlayPosit’s Instructional Design Team on Friday, November 20th, 2020, at 10:30 AM PST to learn more about the following:
- Various analytics views for seeing at a glance how your class has performed on a specific interaction (i.e., an interactive question type)
- How to navigate your CSV data export
- Where to find individual student reports
- How you can use this data to guide your instruction
Please register now for this upcoming webinar held specially for UC Davis instructors so that you can learn more about PlayPosit analytics. UC Davis Instructional Designers will be on hand to schedule follow-up appointments to consult with you further on PlayPosit. The webinar will be recorded, and the webinar recording will be shared with UC Davis instructors afterwards.
Feel free also to register for PlayPosit webinars offered by PlayPosit staff to all its partner organizations throughout the school year. If you are new to PlayPosit and would like to learn more about the service, please watch the “Introduction to PlayPosit” webinar recording and see the following introductory information provided by PlayPosit staff:
- What is PlayPosit?: Learn how to make your online, blended or flipped course active with PlayPosit–a platform that allows you to transform passive video and audio into interactive experiences. Draw from YouTube, Vimeo, or your own recordings to make your own video, then easily add elements into the recording to personalize instruction. Use it in the classroom for an engaging synchronous experience, or outside of the course to flip or blend your content. Watch real-time data and analytics to see where students are confused and which topics need to be expounded upon. What’s more: Inspire higher-order thinking by assigning learners to create interactive videos–they will learn the content as well as learn how to teach themselves.
- A brief introductory video is available for viewing, and the PlayPosit knowledge base contains a wealth of information for all things PlayPosit, including the following resources concerning Canvas, PlayPosit bulbs, and privacy:
In addition to the information provided above by PlayPosit, UC Davis also provides the following knowledge base articles that may be of interest to new campus PlayPosit users:
We look forward to seeing you on Friday, November 20th, 2020, at 10:30 AM PST for the upcoming webinar: “Getting Started with the PlayPosit Analytics Monitor.” Please register now and remember to mark your calendars! Have additional questions? Please reach out to our instructional designers at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!